Welcome to the New Trike Board

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

cubbear

Post by cubbear »

Thanks Wally,

Sitting on the passenger seat and looking to the right and the left I said 'oh my word - look how wide this thing is' - he heard me and said he knew he had to give himself more 'space'...

The harley dealer/owner told us the fenders are not attached to the rest of the body/trunk area of the harley - in other words it's not one piece so if 'you bang up a fender' you can just replace that one - great... :lol:

'98 XLH 1200-Yes, A Sporty. 175K+ miles.
2007 FLSTC-Heritage Softail Classic - 32K+ miles.
2009 HD TriGlide - 25K+ miles through 09/02/2009.
RIP Mac - passed away 03/13/2010

BrianW12

Post by BrianW12 »

http://image.hotbikeweb.com/f/harley-da ... -trike.jpg

and HD of Sacramento has it on it's web page.
BrianW
"It's a motorcycle, not a museum piece"

rotnlab

Tri Glide

Post by rotnlab »

Cubbear,

Pulled up the pics. of your new Trike that you posted. All I can say is WOW!!!
What a great looking machine. You and Mac should really enjoy that ride. At least, I am hoping for you to. :lol: :lol:

rotnlab

TrikeRider

Post by TrikeRider »

Congrats Cubbear. You guys are going to love the security. Get yourself a trailer to tow behind. That's what I did. Makes all the difference.

cubbear

Post by cubbear »

I reread all the posts above and thanks everyone...

Today was the day.... Mac will post a picture and write of his adventures during the past couple weeks so what I'm writing is my version...

We had to ride into Rockport this morning so Mac said it was a good day to ride the trike...

Okay...

Remember, we rode the other two harleys over 200,000 miles so getting used to something else is, well, an experience - he has been practicing...

Really, it was a great ride but I'm so used to sitting above the rear tire - on the trike there are two tires, one on each side of me - it felt different as no road is perfectly flat so there are areas when I thought the bike could 'tip' over or was really wondering if I was going to get 'seasick' from some swaying but that was riding out of our gorgeous, County owned, Adolfo Road...

It's just something to get used to but the ride was fantastic... Of course we've never had a bike with a farring (sp) before so it seemed to cut away some of the wind we usually got... It was cool (to me :lol: ) riding anyway, 60 degrees but a beautiful day...

Shadow (Bob) - I'm still trying to figure out what will be the best way to get on then off the trike and I'm not very 'graceful'... I keep doing it differently each time and I'm trying each way with Mac already on the trike as that's the way I'm familar with... The seat is so comfortable but I don't do too much moving around (yet) and I'm surprised I'm not alot taller than Mac when we are both sitting.... On the Softail I believe I was higher and could see over his head - not so on the trike...

Oh, really important... I can actually hear this lovely noise from this Harley - sounds wonderful.... :D

cubbear

Post by cubbear »

Mac will post a picture and write of his adventures during the past couple weeks so what I'm writing is my version...

Mac did his writeup but only posted it to our website - click on the www below...

tis

Post by tis »

That Harley Trike is quite different then a Lehman trike, even though it is built by them. It was designed by the Harley engineers, and where it really differs is the Fenders are seperate from the Body of the Trike , not like one whole unit. Anyways congratulations on your purchase. It's a great Trike at a real good price. I know the first ones they released are a couple thousand more cause thet come with reverse and the security system, but after the initial release you don.t have to get those two items. If You put a Lehman kit on a new Ultra, your Looking at $38,000. New Harley Trike is $29,000.Anyone hear if Honda has any plans for a Trike. I'm sure that would be a great buy.

ladyff1481

Post by ladyff1481 »

Got to see the HD Ultra Classic Trike while in Florida this week. Of course it had a "SOLD" sign on it. Harley has a trade in special right now if you trade in your recent bike towards an upgrade they're offering the MSRP of the bike when originally bought. This is a great offer for me if I could only find a dealer who could get me the Trike.