Trike Week at Americade

For all those of the motorized 3-wheel persuasion.

Moderator: WCLamb

sirpeter

Trike Week at Americade

Post by sirpeter »

Hey Guys/Gals now is not too early to plan for Americade. Here is what we got so far (Spread the word) Two Guided tours: Tue & Thurs (don't know where yet-got any ideas?). Wed morning: Trike Show (RBR). Wed Evening: Evening with Pete. Fri Afternoon: Boat Cruise with dinner.

We decided last year not to have a Host Hotel because everyone has their favorite spot. Having Breaksfasts and Dinners sound good. Any ideas where and when (will need a local triker to help coordinate).

Got anything more? keep them coming.

We need to really get some traffic on this message board so we can keep it going...............SP

Spiritdream

Post by Spiritdream »

What would be involved with having a host hotel, for those of us that are new to Americade? I went last year for the first time and stayed at a hotel further up Rt 9 with one doozy of a "driveway". Next year I'd like to stay closer to the "main" attractions - preferably someplace that won't break the budget and with a fairly flat driveway/parking area, and if it could offer a discount to trikers I'd be thrilled!!
Cheri
2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard/Lehman Tramp Trike
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

Let your dreams run wild....be brave enough to follow...Author Unknown

sirpeter

Host Hotel

Post by sirpeter »

We tried for the last two years to have a Host Hotel. Several problems with doing it; One, they normally want a block of rooms (25-50) with a 3-5 day min. stay and the cost is normally $120.00 - $150.00 per night. We had hardly no one staying at the Host Hotel. Now if someone knows of a place with reasonable terms, please let me know and we will offer the Host Hotel idea again this year. Just remember, the closer you stay to Lake George the more you pay. Thanks for your ideas, keep them coming.

trikermary

Post by trikermary »

I am new to this board, have a 2004 Silver/White Suzuki Volusia Trike. I live in northeast part of Maryland.

I have missed out on Americade for the last few years, although it is my favorite rally of all.
I take several long trips per season but most of the couples I travel with all have Harleys and have never gone to Americade, so guess I will ride solo next year.

I am divorced and 60 years old so it is very hard to find other trike riders that are in my situation, I still work but have lots of vacation time to use and love to travel, would prefer to have company to ride with for safety reasons......

Looking forward to meeting other Trikers .......

Mainah

Post by Mainah »

Hey trikermary, tell your Harley rider friends they don't know what they are missing. I have ridden Harleys most of my life and never went to Americade till last year. Unless they are "bar hoppers" that never ride more than 5 miles at a stretch they will have a blast. I've been a Laconia faithful for many years and have talked about going to Americade for several years. Had so much fun I brought my Hunny over for labor Day weekend and we both had a great time riding and hanging out with the gang. Although this is an all brand event there are no shortage of Harleys so they won't feel out of place.
We can hardly wait to go back this June!

Hey, did anyone notice we broke the 200 day mark 198 days and counting down. :D :D
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Spiritdream

Post by Spiritdream »

Hi Mary, and welcome! I have an 07 Suzuki Boulevard trike - white & silver! Pretty, aren't they?? :)

I'm not sure of the days yet, but I'll be at Americade in June - maybe we'll have a chance to meet up!! Beautiful area, lots of nice people, FOOD all over the place.... couldn't ask for more! :wink:

Oh...48 (for about 4 more weeks anyway), married but he's a non-rider so I pretty much go it alone, and live in Central MA.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!!
Cheri
2007 Suzuki C50 Boulevard/Lehman Tramp Trike
MMA; GWRRA; TOI-MA

Let your dreams run wild....be brave enough to follow...Author Unknown

trikermary

Post by trikermary »

Thanks for the nice welcome........I look forward to meeting you all at Americade this year and maybe getting to know a lot more fellow "trikers"!

TJNY

Post by TJNY »

Does that mean I have to buy a trike to get to know Triker-Mary??? Danggggggggggggggg!!!
YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS, BUT YOU CAN BUY A MOTORCYCLE AND THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE!!! BORN TO RIDE!!!

WCLamb
Staffer

Post by WCLamb »

TJNY wrote:Does that mean I have to buy a trike to get to know Triker-Mary??? Danggggggggggggggg!!!
TJ -
There's a chance you may already know her... if you've been through the registration line... or attended one of the spring staff meetings back when you were staffing. She's only missed the last few Americades.

Now settle down before you get Karen or Darcy all upset.

madmax

Post by madmax »

TJ's gonna wind up starting a triker harem...........

TJNY

Post by TJNY »

Karen, Darcy, who are they, LOL. I guess I must know her if she's been a volunteer for years, maybe she'll send me a picture, so I'll know if I now her, hmmmmmmmmm??? A Harem of Female Trikers, okkkkkkkk, roflmbo. Now come on guys, I'm no Howie, buttttttttttt, if I had a harem of female trikers, I could have my choice of trikes to ride, yupppppppppp, it's sounding good Madmax, LOL.
YOU CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS, BUT YOU CAN BUY A MOTORCYCLE AND THAT'S PRETTY CLOSE!!! BORN TO RIDE!!!

madmax

Post by madmax »

No problem TJ... You can always count on me for an idea!

sirpeter

Ideas

Post by sirpeter »

OK, you two guys, come up with some new and good ideas for the Trike riders to do at Americade in 2009. Any one else got any ideas?????

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: Ideas

Post by WCLamb »

sirpeter wrote:OK, you two guys, come up with some new and good ideas for the Trike riders to do at Americade in 2009. Any one else got any ideas?????
I think the slow-ride field event shouild be interesting. It can be held from Tuesday through Friday (maybe somebody can deliver meals... and empty gallon jugs) :oops:

You might want to see if MSF will hold a ERC for trikes only. That's usually good for a discount on insurance.

- How about wheelie contests atop Prospect Mountain, with prizes for distance? Extra points for "stoppies" would garner excitement with the trike crowd.
- How about a gymkhana - timed laps around a course set on a big empty lot -- with cones -- with chicanes and loop-backs. Trikes could compete against the clock, one-at-a-time. Smoothness and handling (while staying on course, not knocking over cones) would trump power and acceleration.
- How about a tug-of-war between trikes... hitch to hitch (or axle) with a length of rope, "flag" in the middle. Whoever pulled the flag across a line on his/her side would win. Run eliminations 'til you have a single victor!

Whatever you do, any competition needs to take the Can-Am style trikes and class them out separately from the run-of-the-mill GoldWing-type trikes, just to keep it fair.

TJNY

Post by TJNY »

Well Pete, I think for starts a morning gathering place for coffee, breakfast, donuts and good conversation, so there's a designated gathering place and maybe have a group ride a couple times during the week! Then choose a certain evening for a dinner get together. One thing that is important is to do these dinner rides during midweek, as many don't get here until midweek. As a longtime Americader, I can tell you the weather can change from day to day, but real Americaders come to ride, regardless of the weather, so plan and do!!! Maybe with your connections you can get one of the trike vendors to donate a few gifts for the dinner gathering, and of course we understand that you must get Bill D's permission, as this is his baby. Hope this helps!!!