Who Is Getting Excited?

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

Ameri-helper

Who Is Getting Excited?

Post by Ameri-helper »

Good Morning To All,

I was looking at the calendar this morning and it dawned on me that we have just a little over a month until Americade 2019, 45 day to be exact!! So I'm wondering how are you all getting yourself prepared for Americade 2019? Do you have a special routine you do to get ready? throw caution to the wind and wing it? is there any funny stories about how you prepare yourself for Americade? Or do you have any special Americade memories you want to share?

I am also wondering do we have any 1st time Americade attendees here in our message board group? If so I wanted to reach out to you and ask you a few general questions.

1. How did you hear about Americade?
2. What are you looking to get out of your experience at Americade?
3. What made you decide to come to Americade?

As always we strive to keep Americade fresh and fun and enjoyable and want everyone to walk out of Americade feeling happy and excited about there experience at Americade.

FrankJ

Re: Who Is Getting Excited?

Post by FrankJ »

I'm getting excited, also when will the registrations be mailed?, the forms that verify what we signed up for and bring to register.

I'm coming up a few days before my wife, so when I go to pick up my packet they'll provide me with just my items, and will I be able to keep my registration form when I bring her in Tuesday to pick up her wrist band and event tickets?

See you soon
Frank

hardlyable

Post by hardlyable »

I look forward to Americade every year.
Americade week feels like the shortest of the year, arrived on Sunday and then its Saturday in a blink of an eye.

PJ from NJ

Post by PJ from NJ »

Well it’s April 22nd. Just got in the garage from work, cracked a cold beer and broke out the harley maintenance log. I usually do it every year after Easter. Rode about 5-600 miles so far this year. (A little behind) checked out my Americade countdown clock and there’s 40 days, 13 hrs, 23 minutes left. (We leave on Sunday 6:00am from North Jersey) after Easter every year since 2003 has been the real start to americade. Even though I start the count down the day we leave, this is the 4th quarter. This week all the fluids get changed for the first time of the season. Usually she gets 2 or 3 fluid changes per year or every 3-4000 miles. I have a checklist of the items i need, want and have to bring so that gets printed out and pinned up on the garage peg board to get checked off accordingly. Last year we only rode about 1200 mile while up north. This year we plan to double that. I also have a harley log/journal, that I record all my travels Good and no so good. This is the week I crack it open and read some past logs about trips we’ve taken, weather it’s Tennessee or Myrtle beach they all are great to reminisce. To anyone riding, new or old, I would highly recommend keeping a log. It totally gets me in the mood for the sunny season and another great upcoming year at americade. This year we have about 20-22 people coming. To everyone going, it’s just about Time and it will be here before we know it. 40 days and a wake up. Wahooooiiii
2011 Street Glide
St Michaels Marshals LEMC
Road Captain

Poindxter

Post by Poindxter »

To answer the question asked, I came last year pretty much for the reason ofseeing the changes that wer made to amwericade. the new Expo site and exp the new Block party. I was impressed with both. Maybe because i'm old and the grass under my feet at the expo cusshioned the load !

Ameri-helper

Post by Ameri-helper »

Hi there Frank,

Everyone should start to see there registration conformations start coming anytime, we had to iron out some technical difficulties. Just keep checking your email ( check spam folder as well) if you provided us with one, if not then just keep a eye on the postal mail. If you haven't received your conformation by the 2nd week of May then give the office a call.

The only thing we can give you for your wife would be her tickets, for example if you guys signed up for a guided ride we could give you the tickets for that. We can not give you her wrist band she has to come to registration to pick that up so we can put it on for her.

Ameri-helper

Post by Ameri-helper »

I really enjoyed seeing the feed back on this post!! Thank you all for sharing!! I'm actually new to the company so I'm trying to get a feel for my very 1st Americade!! I too am getting very excited and can't wait to experience Americade!!

icookie

Post by icookie »

I always get excited as it’s the first big ride of the year. Weather hasn’t been cooperating here. This will be 20 years and 5 bikes coming for me.
I remember the first time. I didn’t know what to expect and as we got nearer there were more and more bikes. It was intimidating and exciting. We had to go through town which was packed. Somehow I wound up turning into MacDonalds and had to go through the drivethru. But managed to find the motel. It was all good from there.
It’s not easy to describe to those who have never experienced Americade. You truly have to go yourself.
Can’t wait. :D

rich703

Post by rich703 »

PJ from NJ wrote:Well it’s April 22nd. Just got in the garage from work, cracked a cold beer and broke out the harley maintenance log. I usually do it every year after Easter. Rode about 5-600 miles so far this year. (A little behind) checked out my Americade countdown clock and there’s 40 days, 13 hrs, 23 minutes left. (We leave on Sunday 6:00am from North Jersey) after Easter every year since 2003 has been the real start to americade. Even though I start the count down the day we leave, this is the 4th quarter. This week all the fluids get changed for the first time of the season. Usually she gets 2 or 3 fluid changes per year or every 3-4000 miles. I have a checklist of the items i need, want and have to bring so that gets printed out and pinned up on the garage peg board to get checked off accordingly. Last year we only rode about 1200 mile while up north. This year we plan to double that. I also have a harley log/journal, that I record all my travels Good and no so good. This is the week I crack it open and read some past logs about trips we’ve taken, weather it’s Tennessee or Myrtle beach they all are great to reminisce. To anyone riding, new or old, I would highly recommend keeping a log. It totally gets me in the mood for the sunny season and another great upcoming year at americade. This year we have about 20-22 people coming. To everyone going, it’s just about Time and it will be here before we know it. 40 days and a wake up. Wahooooiiii
Wow!!! Myself and my Uncle do the same thing as you. Now I'm happy to know that we're not the 2 only crazy people out there or what my wife keeps telling me. Lol. A couple of things I do when I get my bike ready for the year. Spark plugs. Regular ones. Not the fancy Screaming Eagle or spit fire ones. For what the cost of them I just change them out every year. Add a bit of anti seize to the threads and put them in. Drain plugs. When I do my changes I buy from HD the drain plug. It comes with the O ring and teflon on it already. I believe it's around $7. I don't do it with all the changes but like with the spark plugs the cost is minimal for Harley stuff. I'm getting excited and cant wait. Glade to know that I'm somewhat normal and there is guys out there like me and my uncle. I just feel bad for the guys that come with us that dont give a damm like we do. Lol
And in the end it is not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.”
― Abraham Lincoln