Memorial Day...

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

WCLamb
Staffer

Memorial Day...

Post by WCLamb »

Memorial Day is when we honor those military people who gave something of themselves -- sometimes their very lives -- to preserve our American way of life. Memorial Day can also be an opportunity to remember fondly those who have gone before us, and enhanced our existence in one way or another.

With the Americade rally looming before us, I wish to remember the one person who always showed us the best sides of Americade, our videographer, Mr. John Floyd; the one who captured the essence of our rally on videotape and CD for us to reflect back upon in future years. I only regret that my VHS no longer can play back those wonderful videotaped memories from bygone years.

As another rally approaches, it is with deep regret, -- I know that I will again be looking for John and his video camera everywhere I go in Lake George.

John, you've been gone since summer of 2012, yet it seems your presence still lurks in the nooks and crannies of our favorite vacation place. We miss you and your sense of humor, John. I, for one, know I will still be looking over my shoulder to catch a glimpse of the elusive yet ever-present guy we all came to know and love.

John atop Prospect Mountain, 2006
John with the Americade Staff at his final Rally, 2012