BBQ near Sportline

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

Bob L

BBQ near Sportline

Post by Bob L »

I remember going to a BBQ near Sportline a few years ago that was put on by a church. Is that an annual event? Specific days or all week? Does anyone know?

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: BBQ near Sportline

Post by WCLamb »

Bob -
There was a local church (Methodist, I think) that used to put on the BBQ at Sportline Powersports, and Andy DeLiveron used to post the details a couple weeks before Americade. It used to be held between ~11 A.M. and 2 P.M.on Wednesday if I recall, and was free to all who showed up. Good eats, and you couldn't beat the price. One year, Sportline had a coupon in the "Americade booklet" for a freebie can of Honda Spray Polish and it made for a great opportunity to visit for both reasons.

michaelcycle

Re: BBQ near Sportline

Post by michaelcycle »

What "WC" said. I went there a number of years on Wed. of Americade week and had puled pork sandwiches along with chips and a soda. Nice folks. Also went in to Sportline Powersports and bought a new helmet and received the free can of polish. :) I don't know if they are still doing it.

Take care, Mike
Mike Carroll

I spent most of my life on my motorcycle, the rest I just wasted. " Author unknown"