Potholes

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

CitySweeper

Potholes

Post by CitySweeper »

Just a quick warning, be aware that the State, County, and local towns have been slow to repair potholes. Don't know what area is the worst as they seem to be all over. Ride safe.

wildwillie
Site Admin

Re: Potholes

Post by wildwillie »

It was a tough winter on roads in the Northeast. But one benefit a motorcycle has is being able to ride in the middle of the lane between the car tracks, where most potholes are not. 😁

Enjoying the benefits of semi-retirement, I got to ride on my first-ever minitour yesterday, having organized them for over three decades. Riding my bike on the Diamond Tour, I had a fairly smooth ride on what turned out to be a very sunny day. Truly enjoyed myself and met some wonderful people.
Watched a couple get engaged at lunch. Yes, Mr. Smith popped the question next to the waterfall at the restaurant where we all ate lunch. Even better, Chad Warner was videotaping the tour for an upcoming YouTube show, and he captured it.
Americade will notify our attendees as soon as we hear the date of that release. (video, not marriage...)
😍

WCLamb
Staffer

Re: Potholes

Post by WCLamb »

It's too bad George Carle wasn't leading the tour you took. He could have pointed out the Battenkill Laundramat where I had to correct a significant "wardrobe malfunction" so we could zoom to Longfellows for lunch before everybody ate and left. A shame Mary's last tour ride turned out to be such a disaster...