Trimming the membership roles...

General questions about Americade and motorcycles.

Moderators: Site Admin, WCLamb

x-90 rider

Re: Trimming the membership roles...

Post by x-90 rider »

I still check the board most days.

WCLamb
Staffer

Post by WCLamb »

For those individuals who have experienced great difficulty in logging onto the Americade forums of late: I would recommend trying once again to see if your access has been restored. No more "ISP permanently banned" messages.... Maybe. The IT professional working on the Americade Message Board has had some success in getting people's access restored, as you might see from a couple of recent posts.

Try to post a test message and see if it's working for you now.

Meanwhile: I'm outta' here and on my to LGNY!

Truck

Post by Truck »

Test. Actually just purchase a new computer and trying to get into all sites I frequent. Apparently the issue was fixed.

CitySweeper

Post by CitySweeper »

Seems to be working....Excellent 8)

WCLamb
Staffer

Post by WCLamb »

It's been a long, slow process, I know. I'm glad to see a couple of you have been able to post a message. Maybe this forum will come back to life once again! There are still many, many applicants most days (and I've gotten behind the 8-ball again!) and based on IP addresses, the new applicants appear to be coming from somewhere outside the USA, unlikely to be Americade fans or attendees.

I'll try better to keep up with the new entries!

WCLamb
Staffer

Post by WCLamb »

Still working to get folks "back on the boards." If you have received a message that your access has been denied based on your IP Address, please send me an e-mail to WCWinger@yahoo.com and let me know. Tell me who you are and I will work with the Americade "web guru" to get your forum access restored. It may take a while, but success has been achieved for another individual who was locked out.

W. P. Schreiber

Post by W. P. Schreiber »

Having been "banned for life" since April, could they have possibly chosen a more obnoxious way of putting it, it appears that I have been reincarnated. At this point, I pretty much don't care. Should have been fixed when it happened, Lord knows, I reported it enough, including at Registration, while picking up my packet for the 24 straight year, where I was told" Wow, you must have done something really bad."

GSinNC

Post by GSinNC »

W. P. Schreiber wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:59 am
Having been "banned for life" since April, could they have possibly chosen a more obnoxious way of putting it, it appears that I have been reincarnated. At this point, I pretty much don't care. Should have been fixed when it happened, Lord knows, I reported it enough, including at Registration, while picking up my packet for the 24 straight year, where I was told" Wow, you must have done something really bad."
OK ,,,, now THAT is funny! Banned for life? WOW Wayne you must have really done some bad stuff .... did you park in WC's parking spot? :mrgreen:

It is nice to see the message board working again as I could not access for months.
Ed Apelian
2016 BMW R1200RT
2018 BMW R1200GS

WCLamb
Staffer

Post by WCLamb »

I keep hoping that those who were "banned" previously will continue to try and post messages. It's nice to see that many who had posted here over the past several years have managed to find their way back here again. These forums provided such a vital part of the overall Americade experience in years past that it would have been a shame if the boards had just faded into oblivion. I'm glad to see y'all posting.

FWIW, hallowe'en has just passed, and it was the one holiday that our old videographer, John Floyd, used to love with a passion. Each year around hallowe'en since John's passing, I reflect back on John's life around then, since it was his favorite holiday... and the joy that John brought to me personally -- and to so many other Americaders as well. I had to revisit his memorial page (http://www.americade.info/JohnFloyd.htm) as I tend to do annually. Even after all these years since his death, it still brings about strong feelings of my own personal loss. Americade just seems different now that he's departed.

I'd encourage anyone who knew and remembers John to reflect back on John and what he meant to the rally we all love.

Ryck

Post by Ryck »

I'm glad to be back. I was kicked out for a while. I think at first your professional was being too aggressive.

I'm glad I tried to come back back. I was going to stick to Facebook.

ROADCAPTAIN

Post by ROADCAPTAIN »

WC
hopefully we'll see ya @ the Cade next yr (2020) we're staying outside of town a little bit.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
Stay well, ride safe..

Pat G.
2004 GL1800,125,000 mi Dyna-Beads, DarkSider #494, Pirelli Snow Control RF
2013 Ultra Classic
Bushtec Turbo + 2
Formerly Bassnman
1st Officer SCRC Chapter #173 North Jersey

Ryck

Post by Ryck »

Testing.